What are the benefits when 100% of our students have their high school diploma?
The benefits of having a high school diploma are a matter of common sense but a high school diploma is especially important today as our work force gets more sophisticated and the need for specialized skills become more important. A high school diploma is merely a first step but a necessary step. There are numerous studies that show the many benefits of having a high school diploma regardless of where you live. Here are just a few:
- Become the first county to have a 100% graduation rate for all students for all ethnicities, which would serve as a model for other communities and counties.
- Fewer young people would be on drugs.
- More people would enter college or some form of higher learning.
- More people would earn more money thereby increasing tax revenues.
- More people would have better health.
- More people would have better mental health.
- More people would be available to solve our local and global issues.
- More revenue for schools and colleges.
- More people would have children who would graduate from hs.
- Fewer people would live in poverty.
- Fewer jails would be needed.
- Fewer educational and economic disparities would exist between whites and other ethnic groups.
- More people would vote.
- More people would be available to solve our world’s complex issues.
- We would be closer to world peace.